- Rigid: YES
Number Of Axles: 3
- GVM: Greater than 8 tonnes. Any towed trailer must not weigh greater than 9 tonnes GVM.
Driver Knowledge Test & Licence Classes
This course can be conducted in a rigid vehicle supplied by the applicant.
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from either a C, LR or MR class licence. Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Heavy Rigid Licence with Constant Mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
- Participants must hold a current C or LR or MR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual transmission.
- Participants must have completed the HR knowledge test and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
- The CBA guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- A person who holds a provisional P1 Licence is not eligible for a HR licence.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)? ALL students undertaking nationally recognised training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for students to create their own USI’s online. To apply for your USI, please visit usi.gov.au
Upgrading From a P2 Licence
Provisional P2 licence holders (who also hold a Class LR, MR or HR heavy vehicle licence) will remain a provisional licence holder until they have held the P2 licence for a minimum of 2 years and pass a Driver Qualification Test. There is no variation to this rule and an unrestricted licence will not be issued until the applicant complies with the requirements of the Graduated Licensing Scheme.
- Road laws
- Pre-drive checks
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Demonstration drive
- City & Highway driving
- Load Security
- CBA Assessment
- Cabin Check
- Defensive driving
- Turning & handling
- Vehicle positioning
- Fuel efficiency
- System of Vehicle Control
This is a NSW RMS approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the RMS competency standards by our RMS accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved the RMS will issue the appropriate licence.
The competency based assessment runs for a minimum of 5 hours as per RMS requirements. Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 8 hours, depending on prior experience and how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
- Includes training and assessment.
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course (Unless alternate arrangements have been made).
- RMS Licence upgrade fees are not included.
- Many trainees complete their training and assessment in the 8 hours allocated. Any extra time will incur an additional fee.
- “Prices are subject to change”without notice.
- Eftpos – Mastercard, Visa
- Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
- Account Details:
- Office payment (Cash)
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 4 days before commencement of course date.