NUMBER OF AXLES: 3 or more.
GVM: Any towed trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes.
Driver Knowledge Test & Licence Classes
Download the Driver Knowledge Test for the Multi- Combination Vehicle Licence (Class HC & MC)
This course can be conducted in a B-Double supplied by the applicant.
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from either a HR or HC class licence.
NOTE: If you are updated from a HR licence you will need to complete all HC assessments which are part of the HR-MC course before you undertake the MC assessments.
Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Heavy Combination Licence with a Constant Mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
- Participants must hold a current MR or HR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual transmission.
- Participants must have completed the HC knowledge test and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
- The CBA guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- A person who holds a provisional P1 or P2 licence is not eligible for a HC
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)? ALL students undertaking nationally recognised training must ave a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for students to create their own USI’s online. To apply for your USI, please visit usi.gov.au
Upgrading From a P2 Licence
Provisional P2 licence holders (who also hold a Class LR, MR or HR heavy vehicle licence) will remain a provisional licence holder until they have held the P2 licence for a minimum of 2 years and pass a Driver Qualification Test. There is no variation to this rule and an unrestricted licence will not be issued until the applicant complies with the requirements of the Graduated Licensing Scheme.
- Road laws
- Pre-drive checks
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Demonstration drive
- City & Highway driving
- Load Security
- CBA Assessment
- Cabin Check
- Defensive driving
- Turning & handling
- Vehicle positioning
- Fuel efficiency
- System of Vehicle Control
This is a NSW RMS approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the RMS competency standards by our RMS accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved the RMS will issue the appropriate licence.
1 Day – (Recommended for drivers with knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission)
2 Days – (Recommended for drivers with NO knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) transmission)
The competency based assessment runs for a minimum of 6 hours as per RMS requirements.
Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 8 – 16 hours, depending on prior experience and how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
- 1 Day Course – includes training and assessment.
- 2 Day Course – includes training and assessment.
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course (Unless alternate arrangements have been made).
- RMS Licence upgrade fees are not included.
- Many trainees complete their training and assessment in the time allocated. Any extra time will incur an additional fee.
- “Prices are subject to change”without notice.
- Eftpos – Mastercard, Visa
- Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
- Account Details:
- Office payment (Cash)
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 4 days before commencement of course date.
2 Day Course – No refunds will be given if day 2 attendance is missed. A new booking and payment will be required to complete the course.